Store Hours, Store Special Hours, Associate Hours and their differences, as well as which are for what purposes.
How do the different types of store hours work?
There are three different types of hours that work together in Brickwork to create associate schedules, store hours, and store special hours.
This article explains each type and how they affect the display of your store hours overall.
It is important to understand how each of these types of hours interact with each other and the hierarchy the Brickwork system uses to interpret each.
1. Store Regular Hours
The "Regular Hours" are the normal opening/closing hours of a store. Set the store's regular hours in the store's admin page by going to Store > Hours.
2. Store Special Hours
Special hours are a type of hour used to override a store's regular hours. For example, if there is a holiday, you can use store special hours to set the hours for that specific day, and these hours will override store regular hours on the day set.
3. Store Associate Hours
These are the hours of an individual Associate's schedule. They affect when an associate is able to take appointments in the Brickwork system.
An associate can also be set to "always available". Associates can set their schedule themselves as well.
4. Store Hours by Appointment Only
By using Store Hours by Appointment Only, you can set specific store hours that are only open for appointments when the store is normally "closed". For example, a store could be open from 10am - 6pm for regular hours, and take appointments only from 7pm - 8pm. To do this, add a set of hours to the Regular Hours section and check the "By Appointment Only" box to the right, as seen below:
How do I know which hours apply in which order?
Here is the order Brickwork uses to apply the different hour types, arranged by appointment hierarchy:
- By Appointment Only
- Store Special Hours
- Store Regular Hours
- Associate Hours (this week's hours override regular hours)
- This Week
[By Appointment Only hours are above Store Special Hours, which are above Store Regular Hours, and so forth.]
- If Associate A has hours set from 6am - 10pm but the store's regular hours are from 8am - 6pm, the associate will only appear available during store hours.
- However, if "By Appointment Only" is set from 6pm - 10pm, that associate will be available to take appointments outside of regular store hours.
- If Associate A has regular hours set from 10am - 3pm but a manager updates specials hours saying the store is closed because of a snow storm, that associate will not be available for appointments.
- If Associate A has regular hours every Monday from 10am - 6pm but updates "this week" Monday's hours to 12pm - 3pm, these hours will override the regular hours for that specific day. This is similar to how special hours interact with store hours.