What is Appointment Capacity?
Appointment capacity is the description for the setting allowing you to customize your Brickwork appointments to match the scheduling you would like to use. Appointment capacity settings include: Dynamic (matches the current store staffing), Fixed (a set number of appointments per store per time period), and Unlimited (allows any number of appointments).
- Dynamic: The store can accept the same number of concurrent appointments at a given time as the number of Associates who are working at that time. For example, if store #100 has 3 associates with working hours at 2pm on a Tuesday, 3 concurrent appointments are available at that time.
- NOTE: For this to work correctly, all associates must have their hours properly set in their profiles, or be set to "Always Available".
- Fixed: The capacity for concurrent appointments at an individual store is set to a Fixed number of an admin's choosing. For example, when set to 3, store #100 can accept up to 3 concurrent appointments at any time). The percentage of concurrent appointments that can be booked from the consumer-facing website should be set as well. This can be set to 100%, so that all availability can be booked online, or to another number, ie. 75%, to create a buffer for walk-in capacity.
- Unlimited: The capacity for concurrent appointments at an individual store is set to infinite, meaning store #100 does not want to limit the number of concurrent appointments and can accept every appointment that is booked, regardless of capacity overlap.
Changing Appointment Capacity
The setting for Appointment Capacity can be accessed at the store level by both Corporate Admins and Store Managers.
1) To do this, first go to an individual store location and depending on your admin view, select Store > Admin or Locations > Store Settings.
Next, scroll to the bottom where you will see the "Total Capacity Calculation":
Be sure to "Update Store Info" when saving.
This capacity setting will now be the default for all appointments in this store.
2) You can also adjust the capacity per appointment type in a store if you have more than one service you need to manage. To change an appointment type's capacity to override the default, go to either Appointments > Appointment Types or Store Services (again depending on your admin view).
In each Service Type section, you will see a toggle for enabling "Custom Capacity". Once enabled, you will see the same capacity options as above. If your appointment is with the store (and not with an associate), you will be able to change these options:
Select a new capacity type to save, and it will override the default.